Thursday, July 26, 2012

Recipe: Pizza

{click to zoom} 

I've been trying to cook dinner at home more often which has resulted in me trying recipes out of my comfort zone.  First up was pizza. When I say comfort zone I mean the dough because we all know that spreading the sauce out and adding all of the toppings is easy but when you get to baking your own crust it can get a little tricky.  

If you are thinking at all about attempting to make your own crust I say DO IT!  I've made this recipe at least 4 or 5 times now and it couldn't be any easier.  Baking times and oven temps can get fidgety, but all else was smooth sailing.  I used this recipe for the crust and added my own toppings.  

{click to zoom}

For the first photo I used pesto, mozzarella, grilled chicken, red onions, tomatoes, and peppers.  In the second photo I used a mixture of honey and regular BBQ sauce, mozzarella, kalua pork, red onions, and peppers.  After I had all the toppings on I sprinkled a pinch of salt and pepper on each pizza and brushed the edges with olive oil before popping in the oven.  

The recipe for the crust is pretty self explanatory but if you want to know how I did mine I'll explain in detail.  After you roll out the dough into the desired shape (I still haven't perfected the circle, oh well) I pop it into the oven on a piece of parchment paper for about 8 minutes.  It puffs up a bit and creates air bubbles so push those down after you take it out.  Then I spread with sauces and toppings and bake until the cheese is all gooey and the edges are golden brown.  

Believe me, if I can do it you can do it.  My family loves this easy recipe and I've been asked to make it for friends as well.  Have fun in the kitchen!  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...