Sunday, July 15, 2012

Essie: Turquoise & Caicos

{click to zoom}

If you apply this color in two thin coats, you get a beautiful tiffany blue turquoise color that's perfect for the summer.  I had always heard a lot about this polish but never really looked at it in the stores or anything since I wasn't too big a fan of blues and greens back then, I stuck loyally to my baby pinks, reds, and nudes.  Let me just say, I am so happy I've finally started to branch out into other colors...better late than never!

{click to zoom}

This closeup shot really shows how creamy and almost jelly the consistency of this polish is, it looks nice and opaque and stays on for days!  I think I wore this polish for about a week straight without noticing any chipping or smudging, which is quite a feat when you're talking about a girl who changes her polish normally 3x a week.  

{click to zoom}


{click to zoom}

This is a shot of my sister's nails, she liked the color when I bought it so we had matching nails for a while.  I'm not a huge fan of nail art, I like my nails plain and creamy but she decided to add this pink tribal stripe effect on her ring finger that actually looks really great with the 'Turquoise and Caicos' color.  

*natural sunlight, 2 coats, Canon T3.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...