Friday, June 1, 2012

Revlon: Buttercup


{click to zoom}

I'm not sure how new this polish is, but it was in the latest Revlon nail display at my drugstore.  I have seen this new 'Colorstay' formula for a few months now though so I'm guessing that it isn't that new.  As I was walking through the aisles this color caught my eye for a few different reasons, partially because I had never thought of wearing yellow on my nails and this color was intriguing, and partially because I had never seen anything like it before.  

{click to zoom}

'Buttercup' is this lovely muted pastel yellow color from the newest Revlon 'Colorstay' nail polish line.  Aside from the polish itself I really like this formulation and packaging (I also have the topcoat from this line, which I LOVE) the brush is a bit thicker I'd categorize it as something between the size of the OPI and Essie brushes.

            
{click to zoom}

When I was trying out this color I was scared that it would look like I had jaundice, yellow was never a color that I thought would look as nice as this one did.  This color suits the name 'Buttercup' perfectly, it's a cutesy color that reminds me so much of Easter time.  In the bottle this shade looks creamy and that is exactly how the color applied, two coats and it was pretty opaque with a few light patches here and there but a third coat ensured complete color payoff.

*natural sunlight, 3 coats, Canon T3.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...