Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Revlon: Popular

{click to zoom}

Because I'm a broke college student and didn't want to shell out $20 a bottle to get the real Deborah Lippmann, I went on a search of my local drugstores to find Revlon 'Whimsical' which is the infamous dupe from Lippmann's 'Glitter in the Air'.  I had to stop at about 5 different stores to finally locate it and when I finally did I noticed this polish on the same stand.  

{click to zoom}

'Popular' is a pale baby pink based glitter polish with hexagonal, square, and circular silver glitters.  Colors like this make it so easy to achieve that shiny look, you don't need an extra glitter top coat because it's already included!  I did use about 3 coats of this color, not because of the sheerness, but because I wanted to get the glitters spread evenly on each nail and I wanted to make sure that I had massive amounts of shimmer.  

{click to zoom}

Keep in mind though that this is like any other glitter polish, it can be a bit of a pain to take off.  I personally suggest the foil method, I kept it on my nails for about 10 minutes and this polish wiped off cleanly.  The trouble is worth it though, I love all the different shaped glitters in this polish because it gives it so much dimension and creates a lot of interest, and as for the color we all know I love my baby pinks.  

{click to zoom}

*natural sunlight, 3 coats, Canon T3.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...