Thursday, May 17, 2012

Sephora by OPI: Keep Me on My Mistletoes


{click to zoom}

While I was still away at school in Chicago OPI released their Muppet collection, just in time for the holiday season.  Bloggers and YouTubers alike were all going crazy over this color called 'Designer De  Better' and I thought I HAD TO HAVE IT.  Finals, Christmas shopping, and traveling home got in the way and somehow I completely forgot about this polish.  

{click to zoom}

Fast forward to Christmas morning and as my family and I were unwrapping presents I received this nail polish in a gift from my sister.  I was so excited!  Not only had I forgotten about the OPI polish, but I swear that this Sephora by OPI color 'Keep Me on My Mistletoes' is an exact dupe.  

{click to zoom}

I've never owned nor have I seen the other OPI polish in person, but when I logged online and started comparing swatches I'm absolutely certain that they are practically the same thing.  Plus I like the name of this one better.  The Muppet color was limited edition, and I'm pretty sure that this one is too due to the holiday themed name, but you might still be able to find it somewhere (my local Sephora still has it in stock).  

{click to zoom}

I don't take pictures of all the brushes for every single polish that I post about, mainly because it's boring and you can't really tell much of a difference in the pictures if they aren't next to each other to compare.  However, I do think that you can tell the difference in this one.  This was the first Sephora by OPI color that I've had with this thicker brush.  The older Sephora colors that I own have a much thinner brush, but they seem to have upgraded to this size which is somewhere in between the old Sephora one and the current OPI normal brush.  I'm not complaining, I definitely like this sturdier version.  

{click to zoom}

'Keep Me on My Mistletoes' is a gold based polish that has a bit of that foil effect, jam packed with a ton of silver shimmer and sparkle.  It is very similar to the last post I did (OPI 'Glamour Game') which is why I'm posting them one after the other.  The OPI color would be more to the taupey natural side of gold and this one is leaning more to the pure gold color.  Don't get me wrong though, I love both and I'm very happy to have them both in my collection.  

{click to zoom} 

 This color required 2 regular coats and 1 thinner final coat to get it to the opacity seen in the bottle.  Also you should note that due to the mass amounts of microscopic shimmer this is almost as difficult as a glitter polish to remove.  Now you don't have to use the foil method, just keep in mind that you need to scrub a little harder than usual.

*natural sunlight, 3 coats, Canon T3.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...