Saturday, May 12, 2012

Revlon: Minted

{click to zoom}

When I first saw mint nail polishes sometime last year, I assumed that it would be a trend for the winter through spring seasons, I certainly never expected it to become one of my favorite colors to wear. 'Minted' by Revlon is very similar to 'Mint Candy Apple' by Essie (which I do not own but I did get the chance to borrow it from a friend...several times).  However the Essie polish has a bit more of a white base to it, which also tends to make that formula a little streakier on my nails.

{click to zoom}

Since I do not own the Essie version of a mint color I saw this at the drugstore and thought that I couldn't pass it up, give me a break it was under $4.00!  I purchased it, even though I was a bit skeptical that I would have the streaky issue like I did with the Essie one which resulted in me painting on 4 or 5 coats to get full opacity.  Revlon surprised me with this one!  Three coats and I got this beautiful shade of mint just like it appears on the bottle, another plus for me is that I think this mint color (a bit more of a green base) looks better on my skin tone.

{click to zoom}


{click to zoom}



*natural sunlight, 3 coats, Canon T3.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...