Monday, May 21, 2012

Essie: Go Overboard


{click to zoom}

One of the three colors featured in Essie's spring collection announced earlier this year, 'Go Overboard' is the namesake for the entire collection.  This creamy dark blue has green undertones which creates this perfect in-between from true blue to navy blue.  

{click to zoom}

This color reminds me a lot of my high school colors (teal & black) and would have been perfect to wear at pep rallies or other school functions.  I think that this type of teal/navy color is great to have in your collection because it is so beautiful to wear for any occasion but it is also work appropriate.  

{click to zoom}

'Go Overboard' is one of Essie's more opaque colors, a nice change from the millions of sheer baby pinks, and I was surprised at how creamy it was in one coat.  Of course I did 2, which made it absolutely perfect.  


{click to zoom}

I re-painted my middle and ring fingers in other colors that I had in my collection just to show a comparison.  My middle finger is painted in 'Khloe Had a Little Lam-Lam' from the Kardashian Nicole by OPI collection and my ring finger is painted in 'Dark Room' from the OPI collection at Sephora.


*natural sunlight, 2 coats, Canon T3.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...