Sunday, August 19, 2012

Vacation

As I'm sure you can see, my last post was on August 8th.  I promise there's a good excuse!  My family decided to host a high school aged girl (16) from Okinawa for about 10 days.  This meant that we were busy all week showing her around Maui and trying to get to know her as much as possible, despite the language block.  

We have been hosting girls from Japan & Okinawa for years now, I think we've hosted at least 6 or 7 times since my sister's and I were little.  Besides having the experience of having them here on Maui my middle sister and I have both had the homestay experience in Japan.

It was a great experience and one that I am very grateful for, it really makes you realize how different some cultures are and teaches you that you can interact and get to know a person without speaking the same language that they do.  

Long story short, I am back to blogging after a bit of a vacation and have lots of posts coming your way!  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...