Friday, March 9, 2012

Essie: Power Clutch

 Part of Essie's "Brand New Bag" Collection that was released in the Fall of 2011, Power Clutch is one of those greige shades that you never really know what to make of.  In the bottle it looks like a dark grey creme but once you get it on you nails there is a chameleon-like quality.  I personally wasn't sure how this color would look on my skin tone but I absolutely love it!  It's definitely one of those staple winter colors that I believe everyone should have in their collection.  Power Clutch instantly makes your nails look a little more polished and refined, I could see this as a very good color for the workplace.
 I used 3 coats, but you could get away with 2 if you wanted to.  I always like to paint on an extra coat or so even if the color is opaque, I don't necessarily know why but I just like to think of it as insurance. The hint of green is so subtle that I didn't even really notice it until I was reading other reviews of this color and figured I better point it out here too.  I only got two of the colors from this collection (the other being 'Carry On')  but I would say that this is the more unique of the two.

*artificial lighting, 3 coats, Canon T3.

I bought mine at Walmart, but you can easily get it at these sites below:
Walmart
Zappos
Nordstrom


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...