Saturday, April 21, 2012

OPI: Purple with a Purpose


One of my best friends gifted me OPI's Purple with a Purpose as part of my Christmas present in 2010. When I first saw it I thought that it was one of those plasticy metallic looking colors that I wouldn't get much use out of, but I'm so glad I gave it a shot.  This was still during my phase where I shied away from bright colors and stuck to mainly neutral colors so I didn't know where exactly to begin.  I used this polish on my toes first, thought that I could ease myself into it, and I absolutely loved the way that it came out!  Turns out I actually love the way this shade complements my skin tone, and it has just the right amount of metallic-ness to make it a little shimmery without looking like foil.

The only issue with this polish is that it takes 3 coats for me to get it the way that I like it, which again is not much of a problem if you know me.  I normally like to paint an extra coat or so, I don't know why I just like the look of my polish being a little thicker, anyway it isn't that big of an issue.  Overall, I wouldn't say that this color is a necessity in my collection due to the fact that I don't wear it that often however it is one of those great fun colors to have when you feel like taking a bigger risk with your polish.  Every time I put this polish on it makes me wonder why I waited so long to use it again.


*natural sunlight, 3 coats, Canon T3.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...